The Queenscliffe Literary Festival has ensured that all events and venues comply with the current COVIDSafe guidelines that apply to events of our type, for the safety of our audience, presenters and volunteers.
The measures implemented include:
- External doors open during and between events to ensure good ventilation - so dress for the weather
- Mask wearing where social distancing cannot be maintained
- Hand sanitiser readily available at hygiene stations
- Signing-in of those in attendance who have not pre-purchased a ticket on Trybooking
- Signage throughout venues to promote physical distancing
- Increased cleaning of all facilities
- Disinfection of seating and touchpoints after and before each performance
- Decreased venue capacities in line with current guidelines
- Encouraging longer audience entry time to avoid crowding
- Volunteers / committee with distinctive clothing for easy identification
- Easy refund or transfer of tickets if ticket-holder is unwell with COVID-19/flu-like symptoms
The QLF also encourages all visitors to use the Australian Government’s COVIDSafe app and to not switch off their phones while at QLF events, but to have them in silent mode or ‘do not disturb’ mode.